The Project Intern is responsible to assist a Senior Project Manager or Project Executive and Superintendent or Senior Superintendent. In this developmental stage, it is imperative that they become familiar with Executive Construction’s Policies & Procedures and embrace Executive Construction’s core values. During the internship, the Project Intern will be exposed to work in both the office and the field, including project team support with estimating, purchasing, and job management.
The Project Intern reports directly to a Senior Project Manager or Project Executive, and Superintendent or Senior Superintendent.
- Attend job startup meetings and weekly Owner-Architect-Executive Construction (OAC) progress meetings, and coordinate meeting notes and agenda activities
- Formulate submittal tracking log, review submittals for contract compliance, and distribute to all impacted team members; manage timely submittals to comply with the project schedule and material lead times
- Assist in the preparation and tracking of Requests for Information (RFIs); understanding the urgency for timely response in compliance with schedule milestones
- Assist in the preparation of all budget reports and schedules
- Assist in preparation and review of Change Orders
- Update project schedule, as required
- Prepare and track closeout documentation for projects, as required
- Review a sworn statement with a Project Manager
- Prepare quantity takeoffs, utilizing current software
- Assist in the preparation of the bidder’s list of qualified trade contractors
- Organize distribution of drawings and specifications to trade contractors for bid
- Review trade contractor bids and identify any qualifications or clarifications to bid
- Assist with bid-day activities
- Prepare and issue purchasing documents; monitor timeliness of purchases by the field and office
- Expedite shop drawings
- Qualify and identify long-lead time items
- Visit potential site to become familiar with existing site conditions, as required
- Assist in preparation of Superintendent’s daily reports
- Assist in preparation of the two-week look-ahead schedule
- Assist in maintenance of current drawing / document sets including supplemental information
- Participate in and document trade contractor meetings
- Assist in preparation and review of all required permits
- Maintain a safe jobsite
- Develop awareness for quality control and safety protocols while walking the project site
- Work with installers to better understand their role and the construction process
- Prepare field-initiated RFIs and issues and submit to project team
- Develop skills and maintain proficiency in project management software including Bluebeam Revu, On Screen Takeoff, and Viewpoint; BuildingConnected and comparable bidding software; and Microsoft software including Project, Dynamics 365, and Office 365 programs: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
Understand and embrace the core values of Executive Construction throughout your daily interactions with internal and external customers.